Quote of the the week

Make the decision to begin a healthier life style today

Sunday, May 30, 2010

The Power of Suggestion

Reflecting on the "Journal On" Relaxation exercise, I remembered the importance of the power of suggestion.  During this exercise, I focused on decreasing the neuro stimulation to my muscles by mentally redirecting my bloodflow in order to achieve a state of relaxation.  This technique was effective because the electrical, biological, chemical and physical properties of the neuronal networks in my brain were in essence reprogrammed to flood my muscles with blood that lubricated them into a state of pliancy which caused a feeling of relaxation.  The power of suggestion is a simple but very effective way to reprogram your brain to bring you the results you seek - whether relaxation or other goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Favorite Health and Wellness Books